Peppermint Essential Oil - Natural Remedies
Looking for fresh looking, healthy skin? Try peppermint oil, which is one of the best natural remedies!
How it is manufactured?
Peppermint essential oil is manufactured from the pepper mint plant. The peppermint plant is a multipurpose perennial herb and peppermint essential oil has been loved and used in a self care routine since ancient times. The plant’s first recorded emergence dates back to 1000 BC when dried peppermint leaves were found entombed in ancient Egyptian pyramids.
Peppermint plant is a cross between
- water mint
Peppermint oil is also well known for its ability to help improve occasional upset stomach and promote healthy respiratory function with so many facets and uses.
At low dilutions, it is fresh, minty and somewhat enriching. Peppermint Essential Oil contains menthol. Menthol induces a cool feeling, and use of Peppermint Oil in a body fog or even in the diffuser can aid to cool you down. Such a colourful inheritance is controlled well in this fresh, accessible, useful substance.
How to Use Peppermint Oil
The topical application of peppermint oil is usually safe, although it is essential to dilute with a carrier oil like almond or jojoba oil.
- Add 5-7 drops to a diffuser filled with water (Peppermint Essential Oil)
- For Face: Dilute 1 drop of essential oil into 3 drops of your favorite carrier oil (e.g., argan, walnut, apricot, coconut, castor and almond oils) for face and body (Peppermint Essential Oil).
- For massage: Dilute 15 drops in 50 ml of your favorite carrier oil (e.g., argan, olive, avocado, coconut, castor and almond oils).
Properties of peppermint essential oil
This oil has several medicinal or therapeutic actions on the body:
Benefits of peppermint essential oil
- For skin and hair
Peppermint oil is mostly used in cosmetic products. But there’s a partial amount of research into the potential benefits of peppermint when applied to the skin and hair.
Researchers found that a one percent solution of peppermint oil led to improvements in how long inflammation lasted and the harshness of the itch.
Apply 0.5 percent solution of peppermint oil twice a day for two weeks extensively. It reduces itchiness compared to the power.
Peppermint oil can be used to reduce blackheads, for chickenpox, for oily skin, dermatitis, inflammation, itching and to relieve sunburned skin.
- To use peppermint essential oil for skin care you can mix 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, and apply directly to the skin.
Also, it can be used to eliminate acne by equally applying essential oils of peppermint, lavender and lemon.
- Controls Acne
Peppermint oil is famous to clear the acne troubles from its root.
It controls the emission of surfeit oil and prevents obstruction of pores and an outburst of acne.
- Makes Skin Brighter
- Adding a few drops of Peppermint oil into your daily self-care routine is an easy and effective way to attain a healthy and glowing skin. It contains menthol that has a refreshing effect and is used to brighten up dull skin.
Peppermint Oil helps you to provide ease from swelling of the joints and on the skin, cracked lips, suntan, fungus, dermatitis, and ruddiness.
- Relieve Muscle and Joint Pain
Are you wondering if peppermint oil is beneficial in pain? The answer is a loud “yes!”
Peppermint essential oil is a very beneficial natural remedy for pain and muscles. It also has cooling and refreshing properties. Peppermint is especially helpful in reducing a tension headache.
How to use peppermint oil for pain relief:
- Simply add 2–3 drops in your favorite carrier oil and apply it to the area of concern three times daily, add 5 drops to a warm water bath with salt. The combination of peppermint oil and lavender oil is also a great way to help your body relax and reduce muscle pain.
- Sinus Care and other Respiratory Benefits
To inhale, diffused peppermint oil can help to clean out your sinuses and offer relief from an irritating throat. Peppermint acts as an expectorant, helping to open your airways, clear mucus and lessen obstruction, and is one of the best certified organic essential oils for cold, flu, cough, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory conditions.
- Mix peppermint oil with coconut oil and eucalyptus oil to formulate your Homemade Vapor Rub. You can also spread 5 drops of certified organic peppermint essential oil or apply 2–3 drops topically to your temples, chest, and back of the neck.
- Seasonal Allergy Relief
Peppermint oil is extremely effective at soothing muscles in your nasal passages and at clearing out the dirt and pollen from your respiratory tract. It is considered one of the best certified organic essential oils for allergies because of its expectorant, anti-inflammatory, and refreshing properties.
To help ease seasonal allergies symptoms apply 2–3 drops of peppermint oil topically to your temples, upper body, and back of the neck.
- Increase Energy and Improve Exercise Performance
It will help to boost up your energy levels on long road trips, in institute or any other time you need to “burn the midnight oil.”
Peppermint oil may also aid to improve memory and focus when inhaled. And it can be used to enhance your physical performance, whether you need a little push during your weekly workouts or you are training for an athletic event.
Peppermint oil impressively affects and improves mental transparency and raises energy levels.
- Massage a drop of oil under the nose to help improve focus and alertness.
- Disperse Peppermint oil in the room to improve concentration and accuracy.
- Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders repeatedly to keep energy levels up during the day.
- In a 30ml glass bottle and a spray mist, combine about 10 drops of peppermint oil with water. Spray the environment when needed. You can also add a couple of drops of the essential oil in a handkerchief and inhale the aroma directly or add 4-5 drops of essential oils in a burner or diffuser.
It is recommendable to keep Peppermint oil on hand at your desk or in your purse, especially if you are prone to headaches.
With a small amount of almond or other carrier oil and a drop of certified organic peppermint essential oil, rub on your forehead and sinuses (avoid contact with eyes), and on the backside of the neck to relieve headache and pressure. When applied topically, peppermint oil leaves a calm and cool feeling that tends to work wonders.
Peppermint oil is able to give relief from stress, depression and mental exhaustion due to its refreshing nature. It is also useful against feeling nervous and restless.
For stress relief:
-the mixture of certified organic peppermint oil, lavender and geranium essential oils added to a warm bath help relieve tension while it is absorbed through the skin.
- Sore Muscles
Because peppermint oil has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties, it not only can relieve pain and inflammation but can also calm the spasms that cause muscle cramps.
So, peppermint oil is one of the most essential natural remedies in our daily lives, while its menthol content is responsible for many of its benefits.